Setting up Outlook Express with SMTP
1. Open Outlook Express and click on
Tools from the menu bar. Select Accounts from the drop
2. Click on the Add Button and select
3. Enter your name and Click the Next
button at the bottom of the Screen.
4. Select I already have... and enter
the email address that you would like people to send
email to. Once entered click the Next Button
5. Select POP3 from the select box
and enter mail.fijihosting.com in both fields and click
Note: For users in Fiji, it is much faster if you enter smtp.connect.com.fj
as the outgoing mail server.
6. For the last step of the wizard
enter your account name, eg. your membername or mailbox
id for a pop3, and make sure SPA is unticked.
7. Once you have finished the wizard
go to the Tools drop down menu and click on Accounts and
press the Properties button. Go to the My server
requires authentication, check the box and click
8. Check the Log on using radio
button and enter you email address eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
in the Account Name box and make sure Secure password
authentication is unticked. You have now completed your
mail configuration for Microsoft Outlook Express.